Monday, June 11, 2012

Bugs

1st week of summer vacation, and those who know me and mine, know that I have two kids with ADD/ADHD and possibly a third (the psychiatrist thinks Ben should be on medication, and she's only seen him for 30 minutes!).  So, that mean that even though I am not working, I still work.
This week is BUG week.  I hope to post as I go, but it may be once a week.  I've been the typical teacher, who begs borrows and steals my ideas from others and whenever possible I will site my resources.

Today we:

Made bugs (http://katherinemaries.com/blog/archives/9459

Went on a bug hunt (hats and bug kids courtesy of the dollar store).  We found more bugs when we got home then at the park.  The kids were disappointed, but feeding the ducks made up for that.

Stopped at another park for lunch (Thank-you Val Verde district for summer food program!), where Ben did find a caterpillar, though wether or not it was a live when he found it...well, I think he enjoyed using his tweezer a little too much.

We They watched ANTZ, while mommy tried to nap.  (although I think now, that this movie is a little too grown up for my kids).

And had a fun dinner- wormy burgers, cucumber caterpillars, and lady bug crackers, with bug juice to drink.


Tomorrow promisses to be a buzy day as well. 

No comments: