Monday, November 24, 2008

To all who give thanks,

I've had my students this last month write daily in their journals what they are thankful for. I've cried as I've read these things. Simplicity is the most amazing gift that God has given me. The simplest things make me happy. However, no matter how simple something is, their is always a way to take it for granted. I'm very privledged to be able to have what I have, and live the way I live, and SHAME on me for being unhappy with what I do have. The most important things I have are my family. I am so very thankful for them. I am thankful for the laughter we share, for the hugs, and slobbery/snotty kisses I get each night. I'm thankful for the blessing of a roof, albeit an apartment roof, over my head. I am thankful for the blessing of 3 meals a day, and snacks if I want them. I'm thankful for having enough clothes that I don't have to do laundry every week if I didn't want to. I'm greatful for parents who love me, who are still married, and who are still alive to talk to me when I need them. May you all be as blessed as I, this holiday season. I love you all.
Mary

1 comment:

Amy B said...

This post made me feel better- I was so worried about you after your email, I am sure there are many good things and my feelings right now are that church, exercise, great sex and my kids can make me happier- so induldge - do all four!!!